FROEBEL Fitzroy North
Our Centre at a glance
- Located in a peaceful residential street in Fitzroy North, close to city trams on St Georges Road and Nicholson Street
- Integrated, approved Kindergarten program, delivered by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher, on 5 days per week
- Rated at Exceeding the National Quality Standard
- Regular excursions and incursions
- All meals are provided, freshly prepared by the centre chef. Dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Caters for 69 children, aged 6 months to 5 years of age
- Hours of Operation: 7:30am - 6:00pm, 52 weeks per year (except for public holidays)
FROEBEL opened this awe-inspiring Bilingual Early Learning Centre for 69 children from 6 months to 5 years on 138 Barkly Street in Fitzroy North in October 2014. A Kindergarten Program is fully integrated into our curriculum on 5 days every week.
FROEBEL Fitzroy North has been rated by the Department of Education and Training at Exceeding the National Quality Standard.
A 5 metre giant slide that whizzes the older children (and their parents if they are daring enough!) from the building into the playground, a two-level play pod, reading nooks, a ‘Little Scientists’ corner, a kitchen theatre – these are just some of the features that make the centre a magical place for children that facilitates learning opportunities on many different levels – playful language learning, science & maths, health & nutrition, nature experiences & appropriate risk-taking. Our enthusiastic team of four qualified early childhood teachers, highly-qualified and experienced early childhood educators and a chef strive to create the best possible early learning and care environment for your children.
We implement a playful bilingual (English-German) language learning concept, based on immersion. The centre was certified as one of Australia's first "Little Scientists Houses" in January 2016.
We partner with the Deutsche Schule Melbourne, an independent German English Bilingual School, located on the same campus in Fitzroy North. Our partnership provides a continuum to our philosophy of early bilingual immersion learning. Deutsche Schule Melbourne’s concept is based on the Canadian “Early Immersion Program” for bilingual schools. Please visit their website for further information and the school's enrolment procedures.
Would you like to see our centre?
Meet our Centre Director Kerri
FROEBEL Fitzroy North
138 Barkly Street
Fitzroy North VIC 3068
Ph. +61 (0)3 9481 2527