FROEBEL Work & Travel Scholarship for Educators
- an enthusiastic, German-speaking educator (or studying towards your qualification)
- and keen to head off to your 2020 Australian Work Experience Adventure?
FROEBEL Australia is offering suitable candidates the ultimate chance to live in two of Australia's bustling cities Sydney and Melbourne and work full-time at two of the FROEBEL Bilingual Early Learning Centres.
This is what we will be offering:
- Paid full-time work at two FROEBEL Bilingual Early Learning Centres, implementing the unique FROEBEL approach of Early Language Learning and Inquiry-Based Learning
- Be a fully integrated team member of our enthusiastic multinational teams with strong support from the Centre Director and Educational Leader
- Complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care with the renowned institute HBA as an online course and enhance your knowledge and skills
- 30 days of leave (thereof 10 being unpaid) to travel and explore Australia!
FROEBEL will reimburse you for
- Return airfares to Australia (Economy Class),
- Cost for Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) and for Health Examination,
- Cost for Certificate III,
unless the Certificate III is not successfully completed.
Please be aware that the cost of your return flight, visa, medical check as well as the cost of your Certificate III will only be covered by FROEBEL Australia if you successfully complete your studies within the first 16 weeks of the commencement of your employment in Australia. If your employment with FROEBEL Australia ends before the end of the 12 months Scholarship (e.g. due to termination of your employment by either you or the employer) FROEBEL reserves the right to claim back any of these cost if already reimbursed to you.
Actively studying towards and obtaining a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is a prerequisite of working with children in an Australian early childhood setting.
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship you are required to:
- Hold or be studying towards specific qualifications relating to Early Childhood Education in Germany (this may include, but is not limited to “Staatlich anerkannter Erzieher” or equivalent)
- Commence a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care online before coming to Australia and complete your studies during the first 16 weeks of your stay
- Possess a native level of German language skills
- Have solid English language skills
- Work under a fixed-term full-time contract (37.5hrs per week) for 6 months in each location (Sydney and Melbourne)– more details in our job description
- Organise your own health and travel insurance while living and traveling in Australia
- Be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) and have a passport from an eligible country or jurisdiction to be eligible for the Australian Working Holiday Visa (please make sure to read about details on the visa type and its eligibility criteria here)
Applicants who are currently employed with FRÖBEL Bildung und Erziehung gGmbH will have priority in the selection process if equally qualified and suitable for the position.
The applicant must be able to commit to a 12 months period for the full term of the Scholarship. Shorter employments (e.g. 6 months only) will not be considered.
Please click here for an overview of the Scholarship timeline.