Enrolment & Waiting List
Are you interested in enrolling your child with FROEBEL North Sydney? You are very welcome to visit us, our Centre Director will be happy to introduce you to our team and to give you a tour through our service. We kindly ask you to call or email for an appointment.
You can register by clicking on the Waiting List button on this webpage. You can register your interest even if your child is not yet born (please enter TBA in the child's name section and the expected date of birth). Once registered, you will be receiving our quarterly Family Newsletters and other relevant updates (such as invitations to our Open Days) from the Centre Director. A waiting list fee of $40.00 (or $25.00 for any additional child) applies and can be paid by credit card at the end of the registration process.
To ensure the waiting list system is fair, the Australian Government has “Priority of Access Guidelines” for allocating places in specific circumstances. Every approved child care service has to abide by the guidelines as set out by the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) and tell you about them when you enrol your child.
First Priority: A child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
Second Priority: A child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy the work/training/study test under Section 14 of the Family Assistance Act.
Third Priority: Any other child.
Within these main categories priority should also be given to the following children:
- children in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families;
- children in families which include a disabled person;
- children in families which include an individual whose adjusted taxable income does not exceed the lower income threshold of $43,727 for 2015-2016, or who or whose partner are on income support;
- children in families from a non-English speaking background;
- children in socially isolated families; and
- children of single parents.
Please note that within the above guidelines, priority of access is also given to families who have present/past children at the centre. Recognition is also given to children of FROEBEL and/or Deutsche Schule Melbourne permanent employees and to children who, or whose sibling(s), are enrolled with Deutsche Schule Melbourne.
We may require a Priority 3 child to vacate a place to make room for a child with a higher priority. We can only do so if
- you are notified when your child first entered care that your service follows this policy,
- you are given at least 14 days’ notice of the need for your child to vacate.