FROEBEL Fitzroy North
Our Centre at a glance
- Located in a peaceful residential street in Fitzroy North, close to city trams on St Georges Road and Nicholson Street
- Integrated, approved Kindergarten program, delivered by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher, on 5 days per week
- Immersive language learning with German as a second community language
- Certified Little Scientists House for early years' STEM education and inquiry-based learning
- Rated at Exceeding the National Quality Standard
- Regular excursions and incursions
- All meals are provided, freshly prepared by the centre chef. Dietary requirements can be accommodated
- Caters for 69 children, aged 6 months to 5 years of age
- Hours of Operation: 7:30am - 6:00pm, 52 weeks per year (except for public holidays)
- For fee information please click here
FROEBEL Fitzroy North caters for 69 children from 6 months to 5 years; a Kindergarten Program is fully integrated into our curriculum on 5 days every week.
Our awe-inspiring centre has been rated by the Department of Education and Training at Exceeding the National Quality Standard.
A 5 metre giant slide that whizzes the older children (and their parents if they are daring enough!) from the building into the playground, a two-level play pod, reading nooks, a ‘Little Scientists’ corner, a kitchen theatre – these are just some of the features that make the centre a magical place for children that facilitates learning opportunities on many different levels – playful language learning, science & maths, health & nutrition, nature experiences & appropriate risk-taking. Our enthusiastic team of four qualified early childhood teachers, highly-qualified and experienced early childhood educators and a chef strive to create the best possible early learning and care environment for your children.
At FROEBEL Fitzroy North, we are offering an immersive language learning program with German as a second community language.
We partner with the Deutsche Schule Melbourne, an independent German English Bilingual School, located on the same campus in Fitzroy North. Our partnership provides a continuum to our philosophy of early bilingual immersion learning. Deutsche Schule Melbourne’s concept is based on the Canadian “Early Immersion Program” for bilingual schools. Please visit their website for further information and the school's enrolment procedures.
Would you like to see our centre?
Our team at FROEBEL Fitzroy North offers centre tours on weekdays, please click here to book a tour. We also open our doors on a Saturday morning once per year, our next Open Haus will be announced on this page and on our Facebook page.
For more information on our enrolment process please click here.
Meet our Centre Director Matilda
FROEBEL Fitzroy North
138 Barkly Street
Fitzroy North VIC 3068
Ph. +61 (0)3 9481 2527