FROEBEL Australia is proud to have been selected by the University of Melbourne to develop, build and operate the new Early Learning Centre at the Melbourne Connect innovation precinct which opened in January 2022.
For our joint media release with the University of Melbourne and Melbourne Connect please click here.
Our FROEBEL Carlton Early Learning Centre...
- caters for 92 children (across 3 floor levels) from approx. 6 months to 5 years of age,
- is open from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, 51 weeks per year (closed on public holidays and for a one-week closure period at the end of the year),
- offers an integrated, funded Kindergarten Program,
- focusses on immersive language learning with Spanish as a second community language,
- encourages inquiry-based learning by implementing the Little Scientists approach,
- offers regular excursions to our local community and beyond,
- provides healthy and nutritious meals, prepared fresh on site by FROEBEL’s own chef; special dietary requirements can be accommodated,
- provides access to a private Family Lounge,
- close proximity to public transport options.
We are proud that our Early Learning Centre has won multiple awards:
- Victoria State Winner of the 2022 Little Scientists Early STEM Awards
- Winner 2022 Victoria School Design Awards in the category 'Best kindergarten or early learning facility - Above $2 million'
- Winner Architizer A+Awards in the Educational Interiors category (Public Choice)
- Commendation in the Australian Interior Design Awards (Public Design category)
- Winner (Gold) in the Better Future Melbourne Design Awards (Interior Design - Education)
- Gold Medal in the Australian Design Awards 2023
- Shortlisted in the INDE Awards (The Learning Space category)
For fee information please click here.
Our services focusses on immersive language learning with Spanish as a second community language, age-appropriate inquiry-based early STEM learning through our Little Scientists program, and education for sustainability following the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We are actively engaged with the Melbourne Connect community of professionals and families and undertake frequent excursions within the precinct and into nature beyond.
We strongly believe that excellent design and excellence in early education and care are interdependent. Quality design largely contributes to better learning opportunities for children. FROEBEL’s philosophy is closely related to the Reggio Emilia pedagogy which sees the physical environment as the child’s ‘third teacher’. Melbourne Connect in Carlton offers a unique opportunity to create an extraordinary place for children in one of Melbourne’s most innovative and sustainable buildings: 6 Star Green Star rating, 4.5 Star NABERS / 5 Star NABERS Energy rating, 20% target for the reduction in operational portable water-use, 33% target for the reduction in operational energy use. Our service will become Australia’s first vertical Early Learning Centre in an engineered timber (CLT) building.
Meet our Centre Director Emma Veliscek
If you have any questions for Emma and our team please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at the centre: 03 8672 7990.
For more details on enrolments and Priority of Access guidelines for our centre please click here.
To book a centre tour please simply click here. We look forward to meeting you and your family soon!