FROEBEL Australia is proud to have been selected by the University of Melbourne to develop, build and operate the new Early Learning Centre at the Melbourne Connect innovation precinct which opened in January 2022.
Families are welcome to register their interest by joining our waiting list without any obligations or fees involved.
For our joint media release with the University of Melbourne and Melbourne Connect please click here.
Our FROEBEL Carlton Early Learning Centre...
- caters for 92 children (across 3 floor levels) from approx. 6 months to 5 years of age,
- is open from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, all year around (except for public holidays),
- offers an integrated, funded Kindergarten Program,
- focusses on immersive language learning with Spanish as a second community language,
- encourages inquiry-based learning by implementing the Little Scientists approach,
- offers regular excursions to our local community and beyond,
- providse healthy and nutritious meals, prepared fresh on site by FROEBEL’s own chef; special dietary requirements can be accommodated,
- provides access to a private Parent Lounge,
- has short-term drop off and pick up parking on Cardigan Street (subject to final approval by the City of Melbourne); close proximity to public transport options.
For fee information please click here.
Our services focusses on immersive language learning with Spanish as a second community language, age-appropriate inquiry-based early STEM learning through our Little Scientists program, and education for sustainability following the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We are seeking to actively engage with the Melbourne Connect community of professionals and families and undertake frequent excursions within the precinct and into nature beyond.
We strongly believe that excellent design and excellence in early education and care are interdependent. Quality design largely contributes to better learning opportunities for children. FROEBEL’s philosophy is closely related to the Reggio Emilia pedagogy which sees the physical environment as the child’s ‘third teacher’. Melbourne Connect in Carlton offers a unique opportunity to create an extraordinary place for children in one of Melbourne’s most innovative and sustainable buildings: 6 Star Green Star rating, 4.5 Star NABERS / 5 Star NABERS Energy rating, 20% target for the reduction in operational portable water-use, 33% target for the reduction in operational energy use. Our service will become Australia’s first vertical Early Learning Centre in an engineered timber (CLT) building.