FROEBEL St Leonards
Our Centre at a glance
- Rated at “Exceeding the National Quality Standard”
- Offers exciting learning environments on three levels plus a rooftop playground
- Immersive language learning with German as a second community language
- Certified Little Scientists House for early years' STEM education and inquiry-based learning
- Regular excursions to the local area and beyond
- Caters for 99 children, aged 6 months to 5 years of age
- Hours of Operation: 7:30am – 6:00pm, 52 weeks per year (except for public holidays)
- Located at 454-456 Pacific Highway, St Leonards - only minutes from the train station and city bus stops
FROEBEL St Leonards caters for 99 children from approx. 6 months to 5 years of age and has been rated at Exceeding the National Quality Standard by the Department of Education.
Our centre facilitates children's learning and development on many different levels – playful language learning (through our bilingual, German-English immersion concept), science & maths (particularly through our Little Scientists program), health & nutrition (fresh, nutritious meals are prepared daily by our own centre chef) as well as appropriate risk-taking.
Together with our architects, Silvester Fuller, we have been able to create extraordinary and exciting play and learning spaces for children on four levels (including a rooftop playground), an exceptional workplace for early childhood teachers and educators, and contemporary communal spaces for families and guests.
Some of the highlights of the Centre include
- themed, custom-built timber Activity Pods (inspired by the Froebel Gifts) which won a Commendation in the prestigious 2017 NSW Architecture Awards of the Australian Institute of Architects,
- climbing walls,
- rope climbing equipment,
- a LEGO wall, and
- a semi-open kitchen with kitchen theatre where the children can participate in our chef's cooking and baking experiences.
FROEBEL St Leonards is located in the heart of the St Leonards-Wollstonecraft-Crows Nest triangle, only a short walk from St Leonards train station and city busses. Permanent and casual on-site parking are available to families in our on-site car park (subject to availability). If you are interested in leaving your car at FROEBEL after dropping off your child please contact us for more details or click here.
Would you like to see our Centre?
Unfortunately, due to the current COVID-19 situation in Sydney we have suspended all centre tours until further notice. At this stage, we are also unable to confirm if we will be able to invite you to an Open Haus event later this year. All updates will be shared on this page and on our Facebook page.
As we were looking at other ways to show our centre to families we have created our very first virtual centre tour which is a wonderful way to get a feel for our centre and program! Please email us if you would like to receive a virtual tour.
For more information on our enrolment process please click here.
Meet our Centre Director Steffi
FROEBEL St Leonards
454-456 Pacific Highway
St Leonards NSW 2065
Ph. +61 (0)2 9436 3531