Professor Lynn Corcoran Early Learning Centre: FROEBEL Parkville
Our Centre at a glance
- Rated at 'Exceeding the National Quality Standard'
- Unique indoor and outdoor learning spaces across 4 levels with own centre kitchen
- National Winner of the 2022 Little Scientists Early STEM Award
- Commendation in the 2020 Learning Environments Australasia - Victoria Chapter Awards
- Immersive language learning with German as a second community language
- Certified Little Scientists House for early years' STEM education and inquiry-based learning
- Integrated Kindergarten program with regular excursions
- Hours of Operation: 7.30am - 6.00pm, 51 weeks per year (closed on public holidays and for a one-week closure period at the end of the year)
- For fee information please click here
The Professor Lynn Corcoran Early Learning Centre: FROEBEL Parkville at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research (Institute) in Parkville provides 100 places for children from approx. 6 months to 5 years of age, with an integrated Kindergarten Program.
Embedded in the lively Parkville precinct, our Centre spans across four levels, each equipped with exciting and unique indoor and outdoor learning spaces. Our beautiful semi-open kitchen invites children to assist our chef in cooking and baking experiences, learning about healthy food and nutrition.
Our Centre has a strong focus on inquiry-based, early STEM learning. FROEBEL implements its Little Scientists program, which has been endorsed by the Australian Government under the National Innovation and Science Agenda. FROEBEL holistically and continuously trains its early childhood educators and teachers at the service on all Little Scientists modules, with the shared vision of making early STEM education the trademark of the service. We are very proud that our Professor Lynn Corcoran Early Learning Centre: FROEBEL Parkville are the National Winners of the 2022 Little Scientists Early STEM Award.
German is introduced as a second community language at the service. Whilst English is the main language of the service, a number of German-speaking educators work with the children in German, all day, every day.
FROEBEL and the Institute are committed to reconciliation and creating meaningful integration of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture into all aspects of the organisation. At our service, Indigenous culture and history are integrated into the curriculum.
The service is named 'Professor Lynn Corcoran Early Learning Centre: FROEBEL Parkville' - honouring Professor Corcoran's outstanding achievements as a scientist and her life-long commitment to gender equality. To learn more about Professor Lynn Corcoran's remarkable biography, please click here.
Meet our Centre Director Tahlia
Do you have questions about our centre, educational program or would like to discuss your child's enrolment?
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Centre Director Tahlia and the team at Parkville!
Ph. +61 (0)3 9134 8900
We look forward to meeting you and your family soon!
Please note: Our service is a workplace Early Learning Centre, with priority of access for eligible families (such as employees of the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute and Melbourne Health). Excess capacity is made available to families within the wider community. Please refer to the Priority of Access Policy for further details.