FROEBEL Work & Travel Scholarship for German-Speaking Educators
- an enthusiastic, German-speaking educator (or studying towards your qualification)
- and keen to head off to your 2022 Australian Work Experience Adventure?
FROEBEL Australia is offering suitable candidates the ultimate chance to live in one of Australia's most exciting cities, Sydney or Melbourne, and work full-time at our FROEBEL Early Learning Centres.
This is what we will be offering:
- Paid full-time work at our FROEBEL Early Learning Centres, implementing the unique FROEBEL approach of immersive language learning and inquiry-based learning
- Become a fully integrated team member of our enthusiastic multinational team with strong support from the Centre Director and Educational Leader
- Support with your ACECQA application to get your existing German qualification recognised or to complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care with the renowned institute HBA as an online course and enhance your knowledge and skills
- 30 days of leave (thereof 10 being unpaid) to travel and explore Australia!
FROEBEL will reimburse you for
- Return airfares to Australia (up to AUD 1800),
- Cost for Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) and for Health Examination,
- Cost for the ACECQA application (up to AUD 850) or the course fee for the Certificate III (unless the Certificate III is not successfully completed)
If your employment with FROEBEL Australia ends before the end of the 12 months Scholarship (e.g. due to termination of your employment by either you or the employer) FROEBEL reserves the right to claim back any of these cost if already reimbursed to you.
Please note that holding a recognised qualification as an educator or to be actively studying towards and obtaining a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is a prerequisite of working with children in an Australian early childhood setting.
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship you are required to:
- Hold or be studying towards specific qualifications relating to Early Childhood Education in Germany (this may include, but is not limited to 'Staatlich anerkannter Erzieher', ‘Kindheitspaedagoge’ or equivalent)
- Obtain recognition of your existing German qualification by ACECQA before your scholarships begins or commence a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care online before coming to Australia and complete your studies during your stay
- Possess a native level of German language skills
- Have very good English language skills, verbally and in writing
- Work under a fixed-term full-time contract (37.5 hours per week) for 12 months in two of our centres (6 months at each service, both located either in Sydney or Melbourne) – more details in our job description
- Organise your own health and travel insurance and accommodation while living and traveling in Australia
- Be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) and have a passport from an eligible country or jurisdiction to be eligible for the Australian Working Holiday Visa (please make sure to read about details on the visa type and its eligibility criteria here)
- Be fully vaccinated with a TGA approved COVID-19 vaccine (for more information please click here)
Applicants who are currently employed with FRÖBEL Bildung und Erziehung gGmbH will have priority in the selection process if equally qualified and suitable for the position.
The applicant must be able to commit to a 12 months period for the full term of the Scholarship. Shorter employments (e.g. 6 months only) will not be considered.