FROEBEL Australia is proud to have been selected by the University of Melbourne to develop, build and operate the new Early Learning Centre at the Melbourne Connect innovation precinct, due to open in late 2021 (exact date to be confirmed).
For our joint media release with the University of Melbourne and Melbourne Connect please click here.
Our FROEBEL Carlton Early Learning Centre will*
- cater for 92 children (across 3 floor levels) from approx. 6 months to 5 years of age,
- offer an integrated, funded Kindergarten Program,
- be open from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, all year around (except for public holidays),
- provide access to a private Parent Lounge,
- provide healthy and nutritious meals, prepared fresh on site by FROEBEL’s own chef; special dietary requirements can be accommodated,
- have short-term drop off and pick up parking on Cardigan Street (subject to final approval by the City of Melbourne); close proximity to public transport options.
*subject to Service Approval by the Department of Education and Training
Our new service will focus on immersive language learning (2nd community language to be confirmed), age-appropriate inquiry-based early STEM learning through our Little Scientists program, and education for sustainability following the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We will seek to actively engage with the Melbourne Connect community of professionals and families and undertake frequent excursions within the precinct and into nature beyond.
We strongly believe that excellent design and excellence in early education and care are interdependent. Quality design largely contributes to better learning opportunities for children. FROEBEL’s philosophy is closely related to the Reggio Emilia pedagogy which sees the physical environment as the child’s ‘third teacher’. Melbourne Connect in Carlton offers a unique opportunity to create an extraordinary place for children in one of Melbourne’s most innovative and sustainable buildings: 6 Star Green Star rating, 4.5 Star NABERS / 5 Star NABERS Energy rating, 20% target for the reduction in operational portable water-use, 33% target for the reduction in operational energy use. Our service will become Australia’s first vertical Early Learning Centre in an engineered timber (CLT) building.
Priority of Access
FROEBEL and the University of Melbourne have agreed to offer Priority of Access to available childcare places to
- full-time or part-time employees of a Melbourne Connect precinct tenant/employer who are based at Melbourne Connect (1st Priority)
- full-time or part-time employees and students of the University of Melbourne who are not based at Melbourne Connect (2nd Priority)
Excess capacity will be made available to the wider community. For details, please refer to the Priority of Access Policy.
Questions and Expressions of Interest
If you have any queries regarding our FROEBEL Carlton Early Learning Centre, please send an email to our opening team: email@example.com
You can already register your interest in enrolling your child at our new service once open to secure your ranking on the waiting list – no obligations, no fee. Registered families will receive email news and updates on the progress of the opening process.
FROEBEL Carlton Early Learning Centre @ Melbourne Connect
700 Swanston Street
Carlton VIC 3053
For phone enquiries please contact our Head Office at 02 8080 0065.