FROEBEL Australia is proud to have been selected by the University of Melbourne to develop, build and operate the new Early Learning Centre at the Melbourne Connect innovation precinct, due to open in late 2021 (exact date to be confirmed).
Families are welcome to already register their interest by joining our waiting list without any obligations or fees involved.
For our joint media release with the University of Melbourne and Melbourne Connect please click here.
Our FROEBEL Carlton Early Learning Centre will*
- cater for 92 children (across 3 floor levels) from approx. 6 months to 5 years of age,
- offer an integrated, funded Kindergarten Program,
- be open from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, all year around (except for public holidays),
- provide access to a private Parent Lounge,
- provide healthy and nutritious meals, prepared fresh on site by FROEBEL’s own chef; special dietary requirements can be accommodated,
- have short-term drop off and pick up parking on Cardigan Street (subject to final approval by the City of Melbourne); close proximity to public transport options.
*subject to Service Approval by the Department of Education and Training
Our new service will focus on immersive language learning (2nd community language to be confirmed), age-appropriate inquiry-based early STEM learning through our Little Scientists program, and education for sustainability following the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We will seek to actively engage with the Melbourne Connect community of professionals and families and undertake frequent excursions within the precinct and into nature beyond.
We strongly believe that excellent design and excellence in early education and care are interdependent. Quality design largely contributes to better learning opportunities for children. FROEBEL’s philosophy is closely related to the Reggio Emilia pedagogy which sees the physical environment as the child’s ‘third teacher’. Melbourne Connect in Carlton offers a unique opportunity to create an extraordinary place for children in one of Melbourne’s most innovative and sustainable buildings: 6 Star Green Star rating, 4.5 Star NABERS / 5 Star NABERS Energy rating, 20% target for the reduction in operational portable water-use, 33% target for the reduction in operational energy use. Our service will become Australia’s first vertical Early Learning Centre in an engineered timber (CLT) building.
Questions and Expressions of Interest
If you have any queries regarding our FROEBEL Carlton Early Learning Centre, please send an email to our opening team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can already register your interest in enrolling your child at our new service once open to secure your ranking on the waiting list – no obligations, no fee.
For more details on enrolments and Priority of Access guidelines for our centre please click here.